Cape Town

Cape Town Photos

16 Nov 2007

Cape Town International Jazz Festival 2008 news

One of the first recordings that I experienced in the SACD format, was the recording Another Mind by the Japanese piano player Hiromi. This is a highly recommended recording and is one of those recordings that you can listen to over and over.

This is how she describes her music:
“I don’t want to put a name on my music. Other people can put a name on what I do. It’s just the union of what I’ve been listening to and what I’ve been learning. It has some elements of classical music, it has some rock, it has some jazz, but I don’t want to give it a name.” —Hiromi Uehara

It is with great excitement to hear that Hiromi is included in the line-up for the 2008 Cape Town International Jazz Festival.

When you go visit a music store again, give Hiromi a listen. You will not be disappointed.

For more news on "Africa's grandest gathering", point to the following links:
Cape Town International Jazz Festival
News at Jazz Rendezvous

Register to receive the CTJF newsletter

0 comments:


"Jazz and freedom go hand in hand. That explains it. There isn't any more to add to it. If I do add to it, it gets complicated. That's something for you to think about. You think about it and dig it. You dig it..." Thelonious Monk
"Jazz and freedom go hand in hand. That explains it. There isn't any more to add to it. If I do add to it, it gets complicated. That's something for you to think about. You think about it and dig it. You dig it..." Thelonious Monk

Hamba Kahle Winston Mankunku Ngozi - Tributes

PASS photostream