Cape Town

Cape Town Photos

31 May 2008

Strange Rock Formations

Walking in and around the Table Mountain range, there are so many interesting rock formations. I am sure that many hikers are familiar with the popular Saucy Dog close to Tranquility Cracks on Table Mountain or the ape like head visible on the Muizenberg/Silvermine mountains.

Recently I noticed the book, "Pathway of the Sun" by Dean Liprini, in a local library. The book covers the spirituality behind certain rock formations in and around Table Mountain and the Cape Peninisula. More information here: http://www.sunpath.co.za/pathways-of-the-sun.
Also check out the gallery at http://www.sunpath.co.za/gallery


On my ventures around Cape Town, I also discovered this strange but distinct rock formation recently. I have been to this place so many times but this day, suddenly , it was there, right in front of me. When I showed photos of it to some people, I was asked the question by someone:"How do I know if it is not matchbox size?" I could prove, certainly not.

Does anybody know the location of "The Bull"?

0 comments:


"Jazz and freedom go hand in hand. That explains it. There isn't any more to add to it. If I do add to it, it gets complicated. That's something for you to think about. You think about it and dig it. You dig it..." Thelonious Monk
"Jazz and freedom go hand in hand. That explains it. There isn't any more to add to it. If I do add to it, it gets complicated. That's something for you to think about. You think about it and dig it. You dig it..." Thelonious Monk

Hamba Kahle Winston Mankunku Ngozi - Tributes

PASS photostream