Cape Town

Cape Town Photos

07 Jun 2008

Rainbow Of Hope Jazz Concert

Rainbow of Hope is a project that addresses the needs of children at risk (abused & abandoned). Within the project we also run breakaway camps for kids, a dress for success program which looks at dressing young ladies for their matric balls and also equipping young people for the job market. Setting up their cv's and also training them for their interview process.


A fundraiser by means of a jazz concert is being organised featuring the following performers: international saxophonist Andrew Young, vocalist Monique Hellenberg, Rene Johnson and Jarred De Kock. Please check the poster for more details.

1 comments:

Hi Gregory,

Some time ago, you visited my own music blog - Auditory Cortex - and left a comment. I had written about a Jimmy Dludlu CD I'd picked up while in Cape Town last year.

I finally got around to visiting your site, and I'd like to link to it if that's ok with you.

Also, I sure wish we were in town for the Saturday night fundraiser you've written about -- especially since it's my birthday on the 28th!

Wishing you well...

Janet


"Jazz and freedom go hand in hand. That explains it. There isn't any more to add to it. If I do add to it, it gets complicated. That's something for you to think about. You think about it and dig it. You dig it..." Thelonious Monk
"Jazz and freedom go hand in hand. That explains it. There isn't any more to add to it. If I do add to it, it gets complicated. That's something for you to think about. You think about it and dig it. You dig it..." Thelonious Monk

Hamba Kahle Winston Mankunku Ngozi - Tributes

PASS photostream